We are seeking one or two talented Project Managers with a passion for building software automation frameworks and tools. We are creating a big data drive web based platform and expert system the likes of which will revolutionize the world.
We seek people in Sydney who want to be a part of a highly technical team. In this role, you will engage with some of the world's most influential companies, large developer community and work closely with our world-class engineering and product teams. The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical and business skills with industry experience. This position is based in our Sydney office, with travel to Brisbane and California.
- Manage Online Software Development project activities for multiple projects across all project phases, including initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, control and closure.
- Work collaboratively with development team, lead architect and the president to determine technical direction and approach to system design and implementation, including both brand products and supporting systems.
- Create, manage and track project vehicles, including, but not limited to:
- Project schedules
- Detailed project plans
- Project scope statements
- Cost estimates
- Resource plans
- Risk and issues logs
- Status reports
- Tailor project management, development and support processes to meet the needs of individual (new and/or ongoing) projects.
- Manage the day-to-day activities of projects and staff; communicate with project teams as necessary to ensure project deliverables are on schedule and within cost parameters.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal and external customers as needed in regards to project deliverables including managing expectations, presenting and interfacing with sponsors.
- Make decisions and communicate trade-offs and risks; drive key decisions across projects.
- Make recommendations to management about schedules, prioritization and resource allocation with input from team members.
- Provide ongoing project plan/status reporting for use by account managers, clients and management.
- Provide input into strategic planning and asset creation processes.
- Manage resource planning and organizational capacity planning.
- Coach and train project team members on Software Development processes and best practices.
- Contribute to the design and coding of products.
- Developer outreach through conferences, blogs, hacks, etc.
- Manage product launches by ensuring verification, documentation and communication as well as testing
- Reproduce, track and drive partner bugs and feature requests with Product and Engineering teams
- BA/BS in degree in Business Administration, Management, Project Management, Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Previous experience (min 3+ years) as a developer or software project manager
- Skills in Developing Budgets, Coaching, Supervision, Staffing, Project Management, Management Proficiency, Process Improvement, Tracking Budget Expenses, Self-Development, Planning, Performance Management, Inventory Control, Verbal Communication
- Solid public speaking skills, experience presenting to large technical audiences a plus
- Fundamental understanding of web-based systems programming and development.
- Proficient with MS Project or similar software and MS Office applications.
- Demonstrated experience in leading cross-functional project teams.
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 10-15% of the time
- The ideal candidate will already have a good understanding of large data (e.g. Hadoop for 10PB +) Platforms
- Ability to effectively manage staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Strong persuasion and negotiation skills, including conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a professional manner with technology staff, business stakeholders, end users, management and others outside the organization.
- Ability to work independently.
- Self-motivated with ability to drive projects.
- Experience estimating project costs.
- Experience with Java and Linux
The world grows through change and knowledge. To thrive, people need to develop wisdom in a social web. To enable this, we must look ahead, understand the trends and forces that will shape society and business in the future and move swiftly to prepare people for what's to come. We will help the world to get ready for tomorrow today. That's what our 2020 Vision is all about. It creates a long-term destination for our business and provides us with a "Roadmap" for winning together with our community and the society we will help to foster through trust and assurance.
Our Roadmap starts with our mission, which is enduring. It declares our purpose as a company and serves as the standard against which we weigh our actions and decisions.
- To make the world wiser and better...
- To inspire enduring optimism and trust...
- To create value and make a difference.