We are seeking several talented Systems Engineers with a passion for automation frameworks and tools. We are creating a big data drive web based platform and expert system the likes of which will revolutionize the world.
We seek people in Sydney who want to be a part of a highly technical team. In this role, you will engage with some of the world's most influential companies, large developer community and work closely with our world-class engineering and product teams. The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical and business skills with industry experience. This position is based in our Sydney office, with travel to Brisbane and California.
You will establish and maintain a variety of systems running Linux and Windows, monitor network performance and building network configurations and connections. You will be responsible for troubleshooting network problems, security and system lockdowns.
- Deeply understand HPC and Large data Platforms and underlying implementation
- Establish networking environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards.
- Maximize network and system performance by monitoring performance; troubleshooting network problems and outages; scheduling upgrades; collaborating with system architects on network and system optimization.
- Secures network system by establishing and enforcing policies; defining and monitoring access.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Accomplishes information systems and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
- Reporting network operational status by gathering, prioritizing information; managing projects.
- Write best practices, documentation, samples and other materials
- Develop outreach through conferences, blogs, hacks, etc.
- Manage product launches by ensuring verification, documentation and communication as well as testing
- Reproduce, track and drive partner bugs and feature requests with Product and Engineering teams
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field desired (not essential)
- Previous experience (min 3+ years) as a network or systems engineer
- Tracking Budget Expenses, Project Management, Problem Solving, all estential.
- LAN Knowledge, Proxy Servers, Networking Knowledge, Network Design and Implementation, Network Troubleshooting, Network Hardware Configuration, Network Performance Tuning, People Management all desired
- Solid public speaking skills, experience presenting to large technical audiences a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 10-15% of the time
- The ideal candidate will already have a good understanding of large data (e.g. Hadoop for 10PB +) Platforms
The world grows through change and knowledge. To thrive, people need to develop wisdom in a social web. To enable this, we must look ahead, understand the trends and forces that will shape society and business in the future and move swiftly to prepare people for what's to come. We will help the world to get ready for tomorrow today. That's what our 2020 Vision is all about. It creates a long-term destination for our business and provides us with a "Roadmap" for winning together with our community and the society we will help to foster through trust and assurance.
Our Roadmap starts with our mission, which is enduring. It declares our purpose as a company and serves as the standard against which we weigh our actions and decisions.
- To make the world wiser and better...
- To inspire enduring optimism and trust...
- To create value and make a difference.