We are seeking a talented Database Administrator/Developer with a passion for building automation frameworks and tools. We are creating a big data drive web based platform and expert system the likes of which will revolutionize the world.
The Database Administrator implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of databases in a massively parallel environment based upon Cassandra and Hadoop.
We seek people in Sydney who want to be a part of a highly technical team. In this role, you will engage with some of the world's most influential companies, large developer community and work closely with our world-class engineering and product teams. The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical and business skills with industry experience. This position is based in our Sydney office, with travel to Brisbane and California.
- Deeply understand HPC and Large data Platforms and underlying implementation
- Design and develop systems and tools and the use of algorithms in intelligent systems
- Code across a number of languages, desired
- Conducts performance tuning of indexes and databases in general.
- Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements.
- Maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization.
- May develop stored procedures and/or triggers.
- Write best practices, documentation, samples and other materials using CASE tools
- Developer outreach through conferences, blogs, hacks, etc.
- Manage product launches by ensuring verification, documentation and communication as well as testing
- Reproduce, track and drive partner bugs and feature requests with Product and Engineering teams
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related field
- Previous experience (min 3+ years) as a Database administration in a 'Big Data' analytics environment
- Excellent software development skills in one or more of the following: SQL, NoSQL, Hadoop
- Solid public speaking skills, experience presenting to large technical audiences a plus
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 10-15% of the time
- The ideal candidate will already have a good understanding of large data (e.g. Hadoop for 10PB +) Platforms
The world grows through change and knowledge. To thrive, people need to develop wisdom in a social web. To enable this, we must look ahead, understand the trends and forces that will shape society and business in the future and move swiftly to prepare people for what's to come. We will help the world to get ready for tomorrow today. That's what our 2020 Vision is all about. It creates a long-term destination for our business and provides us with a "Roadmap" for winning together with our community and the society we will help to foster through trust and assurance.
Our Roadmap starts with our mission, which is enduring. It declares our purpose as a company and serves as the standard against which we weigh our actions and decisions.
• To make the world wiser and better...
• To inspire enduring optimism and trust...
• To create value and make a difference.