ITIL is an ongoing process. It is not a one time activity. in the image below, we see how the process works.
- Why is ITIL so successful?
- What is a Service?
- What is an IT Service?
- What is the difference between core services, enabling services, and enhancing services?
- What is Service Management?
- What is IT Service Management?
- What is a Service Provider?
- What are the three different types of Service Providers?
- Who are the key stakeholders in Service Management?
- What is the difference between Utility and Warranty?
- How do Best Practices evolve?
- What are assets, resources, and capabilities all about?
- What is the definition for a process?
- What are some of the key characteristics for a process?
- What does the process model look like?
- What is a function all about?
- What is the difference between a group and a team?
- What is a department all about?
- What are the four key functions that ITIL Service Operation covers?
- What is the definition for a role?
- Why is organizational culture and behaviour so important?
- What is a Service Portfolio?
- What components do you find in a Portfolio?
- What is the difference between customer-facing services and supporting services?
- What is knowledge management all about?
- What is the SKMS all about?
- What is the CMS all about?
- What is the CMDB all about?
- What are the four layers of the knowledge management architecture?
Governance and Management Systems
- What is Governance?
- What is a Management System?
- Why is a Management System?s approach useful?
- What type of Management System Standards can be adopted by an organization?s Management System?
- What is ISO/IEC 20000 all about?
- What is Deming?s PDCA cycle all about?
The Service Lifecycle
- What does the ITIL Service Lifecycle Model look like?
- Which processes do you find in Service Strategy?
- Which processes do you find in Service Design?
- Which processes do you find in Service Transition?
- Which processes do you find in Service Operation?
- Which processes do you find in Continual Service Improvement?
- Which is the key factor that determines the strength of the Service Lifecycle?
We'll cover questions for some of the other sections of our subject.