Saturday, 17 September 2011

Seeing if there is interest in a free technical video lecture series

Some time back I posted a paper at SANS on the topic of analysing and reversing packed malware.

The paper was focused on reversing NsPack (a common packer) in particular. If I have enough interest, I was thinking of creating a free video lecture series covering the technical aspects of reversing malware.

This will cover debugger use, ASM on Intel, packing and inline analysis of code and even how to inject your own controls into malware and change its behavior.

So, let me know if you are interested.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, this would be really great!

I'm currently reading your mentioned SANS paper, and a video lecture series would be a great addition to this.

Looking forward to it :-)

Dr Craig S Wright GSE said...

Between the locations I have published this, I have seen enough interest.

I will start creating the series and the first will be made available in October/November.