Friday, 1 January 2010

A review of trash

I will quickly post a review of the most trashy book outside of the publishing house of Mills and Boon. A book I have had (today) the great misfortune to have read and that I fear will haunt me forever more due at least in part to the excessively partisan nature of this book.The book I refer to is;

Akerlof, GA and Shiller, R (2009), “Animal Spirits: How Human Psychology Drives the Economy, and Why It Matters for Global Capitalism” Princeton Press

The book purports to be a “rational” investigation, yet it deviates from this from the first paragraph.

It is a collection of misquotes, fallacies, rhetoric and dogma presented as a scientific exploration into economics. Do not be fooled, this is nothing of the sort. This is more an exaltation of dogmatic believe than anything else.

And that was just the best part.

It went downhill from there. Facts, why bother when you can distort one side of an argument with unsupportable assertions.

This book was truly one of the greatest wastes of time I have ever engaged in.

No comments: