Monday, 21 December 2009

My Holiday Reading List.

Just one of these things. People are posting reading lists, so I have attached mine.

I am starting on Bulgarian, Thai and Croatian and trying to improve my Russian. I would like also to improve my written French. So any people wanting to correspond please send me a note?

I am still learning written Russian and if there are any takers wanting to better their English as I better my Russian – please also let me know.

My reading list for Dec 2009 to Jan 2010 is listed below.

clip_image001

The Late Roman Empire
by Glanville Downey


clip_image002

Readings in the Greek New Testament (in Coptic)


clip_image003

The Golden Fleece and the Heroes who Lived Before Achilles
by Padraic Colum


clip_image004

The Story of the Renaissance
by William Henry Hudson


clip_image005

The Story of Electricity
by Professor John T. Sanders


clip_image006

The Time Traveller's Guide to Medieval England
by Ian Mortimer


clip_image007

Rhetoric, Poetics and Logic
by Aristotle


clip_image008

The Jewish War
by Flavius Josephus


clip_image009

The Persian Expedition
by Xenophon


clip_image010

Symposium
by Plato


clip_image011

The Great Age of Discovery
by Paul Herrmann


clip_image012

Capital Ideas Evolving
by Peter L. Bernstein


clip_image013

In Defense of Globalization
by Jagdish Bhagwati


clip_image014

Claudius the God
by Robert Graves


clip_image015

Globalization
by Bruce C. Greenwald


clip_image016

Irrationality
by Stuart Sutherland

 

And the Language lessons I have started.


clip_image017

Teach Yourself Bulgarian Conversation
by Michael Holman


clip_image018

Teach Yourself Thai Conversation
by David Smyth


clip_image019

Teach Yourself Croatian Conversation
by Ivana Djuric


1 comment:

Andrew said...

My holiday reading list:

http://www.lexisnexis.com.au/aus/academic/LNConnect/IntroductionToLaw/LayingDownLaw7e/default.asp