Thursday, 4 December 2008

SEC709 - Developing Exploits for Penetration Testers and Security Researchers

I was signed up for Stephen Sim's SEC-709 course at NS2008.

The material was great and truly in depth. I have only 1 issue which I see could be an opportunity for SANS.

At NS2008, it was a 2 day course, at SANS 2009, it has been extended to 4 days (As can be seen from the description on the link).

I applaud Stephen Sims for the course and enjoyed the material greatly, but what I would ask is could SANS find some way to update the material for those who have taken the courses within a reasonable timeframe (say 6 months) and they are updated like this. Make it an additional cost or service - subscription courseware/books and I would pay for the addition benefit of having these shipped.

In my case, I received my 2 day materials and as stated think they are great, but now I see an EXTRA couple days.

I personally would he more than happy to pay for the extra books and shipping if this was available. Small updates to the courseware occur all the time, and I do not care to have new books every 6-8 weeks, but major changes are another thing.

So the question I would pose to SANS is there a way to update students with newer materials if they have taken a course and it is changed significantly in less than 6 months.

No comments: