I have completed my Masters of Information Systems Security at Charles Stuart University last week. This was my 3rd Masters Degree with CSU (which is a fraction of the total). I am starting my 4th in January 2009 and have been running through a CBTs on C# this weekend.
I am starting the Masters in Systems Development next. I have Java, PhP, Perl, Assembly, C and C++ language experience, but have not done a great deal with C#. I have the SANS GNET certification and some knowledge of .Net, so this is a beginning.
Being that I have already taken many of the compulsary subjects, I have an unusual collection of subjects for the degree. These are:
- ITC518 Principles of Programming using C#
- ITC543 Enterprise Design Patterns
- ITC565 Business Application Development
- ITC566 Human Computer Useability
- ITC584 Machine Learning
- ITC557 Web Based Information Systems PG
- ITI530 Application Development Fundamentals
- ITE501 Windows Forms Application Development
- ITE502 ASP.NET Application Development
- ITE503 ADO.NET Application Development
- ITE504 Windows Communication Foundation Application Development
- ITE505 Enterprise Applications Development
ITC584 Machine Learning
Machines "learn" by retaining facts with meaningful links between them. This subject explores current approaches to machines acquiring, storing, linking and using facts.
I have approached this from the Statistical side of the equation, now I wish to learn from the data and computing side of the equation. Though both are related, it is of interest to see the different approaches to the same issues and problems.