Saturday, 8 March 2008

Virtues

Ol' Ben Franklin set up a process where he mapped the 13 virtues and recorded how he is going against them and what progress he is making. These virtues are as follows:

  1. Temperance: Eat not to dullness; drink not to elevation.
  2. Silence: Speak not but what may benefit others or yourself; avoid trifling conversation.
  3. Order: Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.
  4. Resolution: Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
  5. Frugality: Make no expense but to do good to others or yourself; i.e., waste nothing.
  6. Industry: Lose no time; be always employed in something useful; cut off all unnecessary actions.
  7. Sincerity: Use no hurtful deceit; think innocently and justly, and, if you speak, speak accordingly.
  8. Justice: Wrong none by doing injuries, or omitting the benefits that are your duty.
  9. Moderation: Avoid extremes; forbear resenting injuries so much as you think they deserve.
  10. Cleanliness: Tolerate no uncleanliness in body, cloths, or habitation.
  11. Tranquility: Be not disturbed at trifles, or at accidents common or unavoidable.
  12. Chastity: Rarely use venery but for health or offspring, never to dullness, weakness, or the injury of your own or another's peace or reputation.
  13. Humility: Imitate Jesus and Socrates.
This week I am on No. 4 (Resolution). I have 2 chapters of my book to complete. I plan to complete the reading of a book I an studying and also to read a chapter of "Modelling Longitudinal Data" by Weiss, Robert E. (2005) by Springer.

I have a prac. exam and also questions for SANS to check.

2 comments:

Craig S Wright said...

Add to that a use-case for the CAGs project.
Maths Study
...

Craig S Wright said...

Order: Let all your things have their places; let each part of your business have its time.

Last week was a write-off for Order. I was going to move offices at work. I have a few hundred books and cables etc in my office. Aditionally I hate moving office.

Well I was packed on Thurday - all but the desk and periferals (so I could work on Friday.

Friday morning, No I am no longer moving.

So order was last weeks target, but it was a write-off. It was my worst week for order in a bit. Add to that a comp-lete stuff up on templates and ...

Templates
I am a boring ol' bastard and do not do the "how many colours can I use" presentation bit. Marketing do. I was told to make my presentation on this blue-green template with all the "pretty pictures", now I am told to go back to white.

Oh well...

124 Violations of order. This is WAY over the last time I was in an order week (13 weeks ago) where I recorded 38 breaches.